“We use the cross country training facilities at Breckenbrough on a regular basis and recommend it to the riders that we train.”
“The cross country at Breckenbrough is well maintained and has an excellent range of cross country fences, ideal for schooling young horses and for training riders.”
Christopher Bartle FBHS
Cross Country Course for Hire
We have all types of well-built training fences. The course has been built to encourage riders and horses to improve confidence offering all types of jumps.
- The fences range in height from 1 foot 6in (45cm) to 3 feet 11 inches (120cm).
- There is something for everyone with easy and more challenging routes available.
- With 3 different water complexes it is ideal for training a young horse or just practicing on your established partner.
- There are plenty of technical jumps which the team often change the placing and difficulty of.
- 2 bank complexes and ditch combinations.
- Breckenbrough is very lucky to have sandy well-draining soil so their facilities remain accessible throughout most of the year.
Winter XC Training
During the Winter, part of the XC is normally closed and the team build a winter training area. This includes:
- a course of portable XC fences.
- use of the banks in and out of the arena.
- a water complex next to the arena.
Breckenbrough have added this beautiful stretch tent to their facilities. It is proving extremely useful for Camps and Clinics.
We encourage riders to train and are very happy for people to bring their own Instructors if they do not use Breckenbrough’s Coaches. Any external instructors would just need to have their own professional insurance.
How to Book
Whether you wish to hire the cross county course or organise a camp or clinic please get in touch with Helen directly.
“Breckenbrough is by far our best local training facility for cross country. The huge selection of fences makes it the perfect place to train any horses from youngsters to top level. We always use Breckenbrough for first timers or youngsters because there are a fantastic range of fences meaning we can start with tiny logs on the floor and teach them about water, steps and ditches without frightening them. At the same time, we take the more experienced horses too, as Helen always has excellent technical lines on the course and true tests we may find while we are out Eventing at the higher levels. On this note, Helen is an excellent and experienced trainer who has helped me with horses from those with specific issues to help with bitting to those I am preparing for big events.
I also choose the venue for training my own clients as we can practise every aspect of cross country in one session, saying that, there is such a vast area and number of fences, we never run out of new things to do on return visits and the fences change and new ones are added regularly.
We are super lucky to have this facility on our doorstep! Highly recommended.”
Sara Bowe (4* Event Rider)